Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Week 5 Day 4

L2TD 3 : wikis

I knew about wikis like wikipedia and work-wikis, but I never considered using them for personal use. After watching the wiki video I was surprised to see how useful it could be for planning events with lots of people. I might try using it for the next big outing, and maybe (just maybe) might try it out at Christmas for organizing the big full-family lunch!

Something I have always been aware of was that websites like wikipedia are peer created and edited, but I never quite believed that would be so easy to add info. As suggested I looked up my local area and I simply clicked on edit, updated the name of the council (we are not part of the Moreton bay regional council).
EASY!

I was also amazed to find wikis on a mixture of subjects (like Wookieepedia - Star wars and ThePetWiki - a new pet-info wiki) I guess the more people interested in a subject the more input there is.

For now I am going to explore using wikis for personal use. Will report back with how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment