Monday, April 27, 2009

Week 6 Day 2

L2TD 4: Social Networking

Social networking is something that I am fairly good with as I have helped with training sessions before (I know MySpace and Face Book)

Face Book I found useful for finding out what people are up to, I found lots of school friends and got to see who was married, who was studying, who was traveling and how people had changed. I don't really use it to keep in contact with people, but it is useful for sharing your information (photos etc)

MySpace is quite similar, but aimed more at teenagers. I found it harder to use and eventually closed the account when I have finished helping with the training sessions.

I know plenty of people that use Face Book (and other social networking sites) to keep in contact with people overseas and to share events to a wide audience. Also I know several of people that are using it to help their business by promoting events, promotions, new products etc. (1 example being Pizza Capers)

I also recently began to follow my favorite TV show on Face Book, each week they put up a short video preview and sneak-peak photos of the next episode.
I think that social networking has an important role in our future as more and more information is organized digitally online.

PS

I took Penny to a Beach at Bribie on the weekend. She had a great time being off lead (I was worried she would run off but she didn't go more then 20m before running back).She only went a few inches into the water, but really enjoyed running on the sand (will post Photos later)

1 comment:

  1. Tell Penny that Cinque said Currumbin is lots of fun too. No big waves unless you go around to the surf side so Penny might like it there for a change from Bribie.

    Smiles.

    ReplyDelete